State Exam Information
Exam Registration Procedures
To register for the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate or Broker Exam, you must first submit a License Application to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation and complete Electronic Fingerprinting for a criminal background check. Completing these two steps will allow you to be approved by the Florida Division of Real Estate to take your state exam.
It will take approximately 10-30 days for your application and fingerprints to be approved. Upon approval, Pearson Vue will contact you with instructions for scheduling your exam. To speak with a Pearson Vue customer service representative about an exam registration call 1-888-204-6289. For more detailed information, please visit our How To Obtain a Real Estate License page.
Pearson Vue Exam
Pearson Vue administers the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate and Broker Licensing Exam not only throughout the State of Florida, but also at PearsonVue test centers across the country. Available test times vary by location, but in Southwest Florida exams are offered Tuesday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and Saturday between 8:00 am and 2:30 pm.
If you would like a User Guide to assist you in scheduling your exam, click the document to the right.
Southwest Florida has two testing facilities and they are both in Fort Myers. The nearest other testing facilities are in Sarasota and Fort Lauderdale:
Fort Myers I - Bank of America Building, 11691 Gateway Boulevard, Suite 200, Fort Myers, FL 33913
Fort Myers II – Pearson Vue Test Center, 1220 Towne Lake Drive, Unit 40, Fort Myers, FL 33913
When should I take my exam?
We encourage students to take the state exam within 5 days of completing their training at Larson Educational Services. During our many years in the real estate education business, we have seen students have great success utilizing our recommended timeline, which is as follows:
- Complete the pre-licensing course
- Attend the the optional state exam prep course within 5-10
- Take the state exam 3-5 days after the state exam prep course
NOTE: If you choose not to utilize the optional state exam prep courses we have available, we recommend taking your state exam 3-5 days after the completion of your pre-licensing course.
What is the format of the exam?
The Florida Real Estate Sales Associate Exam is a 100-question multiple-choice exam. There are 45 questions on real estate principles and practices, 45 questions cover Florida and Federal laws, 10 questions require math calculations.
The Florida Real Estate Broker Exam is a 100-question multiple-choice exam. In addition to Florida real estate principles and laws, there are questions covering brokerage management, real estate investment, HUD-1 closing statements, and more.
Both exams are administered on a computer at the testing center. You will be provided with a dry erase sheet of paper and an erasable marker to make notes and computations.
What score is needed to pass the exam?
You must earn a score of 75 to pass either the Sales Associate or Broker exam. We have outstanding Exam Preparation products and classes to help you pass the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate License Exam.
For the Florida Real Estate Broker License Exam, we include Exam Preparation materials in the live classroom pre-licensing course.
Click below to view some of our Exam Preparation products we have available.
What should I bring to the exam?
- 2 forms of identification with signatures (one must be a government-issued photo identification)
- A copy of your Course Completion Certificate from Larson Educational Services
- The confirmation number provided when the test reservation was made
When can I expect my exam results?
The exam is administered on a desktop computer system and your official score report is delivered immediately upon completion of the exam.
What should I do if I fail the state exam?
If things to not go according to plan and you do not pass the state exam the first time, DO NOT panic! We are here for you. You have multiple options to get yourself ready to PASS it the second time around. Here is what we recommend:
- Review your exam results - by paying a $35 fee, you can view every question you got wrong along with the correct answer. You are given 1 hour for a review at the test center. THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED because you won't have to second guess yourself the next time you see that question. Call PearsonVue at 1.888.204.6289 to schedule a date and time to review your exam results.
- Come back to class - remember that we give you a 1-year enrollment into our classroom courses and you can come back to class for no additional charge to review the whole course or just the parts that you are struggling with...it's up to you. Just call us at (239) 344-7510 for an updated schedule.
- Attend or purchase our state exam preparation courses - Larson Educational Services is famous for the state exam preparation courses that we have available. Whether through our 1-day live instructor led course where you can ask questions and get clarification on testable topics, or our Online Exam Tutor products that allow you to study and prepare on your own time, we have the tools that will help you to succeed.
If I fail the state exam, how long do I have to wait to take it again?
You must wait 24 hours before you can schedule the Florida pre-licensing exam again. Typically speaking, you most likely could take the test again within 3-5 days. The cost to take the test again is $31.50 and just call PearsonVue at 1-888-204-6289 to schedule a date and time.