The Florida 16 Hour CAM Pre-License Course at Larson Educational Services is the 16-hour required education to obtain your Florida Community Association Manager (CAM) license. You'll learn about the Florida CAM licensing requirements, CAM responsibilities, and CAM liabilities and standards of conduct.
DBPR Approved Course #PRE31
Credit Hours: 16
Tuition and Materials: $299
Dates and Locations
Weekend Classes: 2 days, Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Weekday Classes: 2 days, Thursday and Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
We accept registrations all the way up to the course start time. If the course date you want is sold out, please call us at 239-344-7510 to be placed on our waiting list.
Reducing the Risk of Attending Class
We've raised the standard at every point in your education journey by putting measures in place to keep you safe and give you more peace of mind. Even though education may look a little different now, we're here to help you prepare for your class, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
We've got you covered at every step!
- Making Space - Classroom capacity is being limited to less than 50% with greater distances between you and your classmates. Additionally, we will only have one class taking place at a time on our campuses even though we have two classrooms in each facility. That way we will not have two different groups of students on campus at the same time. This reduces how many classes we can offer, but it will make for a safer experience for students and staff. SIGN UP EARLY for class dates as we are already reaching our limited capacities for many courses.
- Sanitization - We're using high-grade disinfectant in high-touch areas and are frequently wiping down high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Filtering Air - Hospital grade air filters are utilized throughout our HVAC systems.
- Single-Use Extras - Complimentary coffee and water stations are designed for single-use cups and condiments. Please do not dispense water or coffee into personal cups, mugs or bottles.
How You Can Help Create A Safer Experience
- Wear A Mask - All employees, instructors and students are required to wear masks or face coverings when moving throughout our facilities. The mask or face covering can be removed when seated in the classroom.
- Keep A Safe Distance - Respect the space of your fellow classmates and do your best to keep a safe distance when moving about the classroom and facilities.
- Evaluate Your Current Health - To protect the well-being of all our students and staff, we ask that you make an evaluation of your health prior to coming to class. If in the 10 days prior to your class start date, you have been exposed directly to someone with COVID-19 or you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or you are unable to wear a mask or face covering, please contact a Career Counselor at 239-344-7510 to discuss options for distance learning or for transferring your enrollment.
Do I Need a CAM License?
A Florida CAM License is required when managing an association of more than 10 units and/or has an annual budget in excess of $100,000. Types of properties that hire CAM License holders are mobile home parks, planned unit developments, homeowners associations, cooperatives, timeshares, condominiums, or other residential units which are authorized to impose a fee that may become a lien on the parcel.
Typical responsibilities of a Florida CAM Licensee are:
- controlling or disbursing association funds;
- determining how or when to prepare budgets or other financial documents for an association;
- determining how or when to provide notice of meetings or to conduct association meetings;
- maintaining and/or having authorization to spend association petty cash;
- coordinating maintenance for the residential development; and
- performing other day-to-day services involved with the operation of a community association.
- 4 unique class units covering all the “need-to-know” information for the state exam.
- 150 page course manual with detailed content and 200 sample questions.
- This classroom course is the most comprehensive and user-friendly course available anywhere by providing you the best of both education worlds: Professional in-person instruction featuring our top-rated instructor team combined with our user-friendly online video training platform, LarsonLIVE.
- 1-year tuition policy allows you to rewatch and review the online LarsonLIVE videos for up to 1-year after you've attended the classroom course, to ensure that you are completely comfortable before taking your State Exam.