The Florida 16 Hour CAM Pre-License Course at Larson Educational Services is the 16-hour required education to obtain your Florida Community Association Manager (CAM) license. You'll learn about the Florida CAM licensing requirements, CAM responsibilities, and CAM liabilities and standards of conduct.
DBPR Approved Course #PRE31
Credit Hours: 16
Tuition and Materials: $299
Dates and Locations
Weekend Classes: 2 days, Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Weekday Classes: 2 days, Thursday and Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
We accept registrations all the way up to the course start time. If the course date you want is sold out, please call us at 239-344-7510 to be placed on our waiting list.
- Our Naples classroom is located at Marquesa Plaza - 13040 Livingston Rd, Suite 12, Naples, FL 34105.
- Starting January 1, 2024, our Fort Myers classroom is located at Pinebrook Park Plaza - 12995 S Cleveland Ave, Suite 174, Fort Myers, FL 33907.
If the course dates above are not right for you, you can get started on your Florida 16 Hour CAM Pre-Licensing Class RIGHT NOW through our online education options.
Do I Need a CAM License?
A Florida CAM License is required when managing an association of more than 10 units and/or has an annual budget in excess of $100,000. Types of properties that hire CAM License holders are mobile home parks, planned unit developments, homeowners associations, cooperatives, timeshares, condominiums, or other residential units which are authorized to impose a fee that may become a lien on the parcel.
Typical responsibilities of a Florida CAM Licensee are:
- controlling or disbursing association funds;
- determining how or when to prepare budgets or other financial documents for an association;
- determining how or when to provide notice of meetings or to conduct association meetings;
- maintaining and/or having authorization to spend association petty cash;
- coordinating maintenance for the residential development; and
- performing other day-to-day services involved with the operation of a community association.
- 4 unique class units covering all the “need-to-know” information for the state exam.
- 150 page course manual with detailed content and 200 sample questions.
- This classroom course is the most comprehensive and user-friendly course available anywhere by providing you the best of both education worlds: Professional in-person instruction featuring our top-rated instructor team combined with our user-friendly online video training platform, LarsonLIVE.
- 1-year tuition policy allows you to rewatch and review the online LarsonLIVE videos for up to 1-year after you've attended the classroom course, to ensure that you are completely comfortable before taking your State Exam.
If You Hold a Florida Real Estate License...
Clean Education Experience
We work hard to deliver a safe, healthy and clean education experience. We're here to help you prepare for your class, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
- Sanitization - We use high-grade disinfectant in high-touch areas and we frequently wipe down high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Filtering Air - Hospital grade air filters are utilized throughout our HVAC systems.
- Single-Use Extras - Complimentary coffee and water stations are designed for single-use cups and condiments. Please do not dispense water or coffee into personal cups, mugs or bottles.
- Respect and Care - Showing respect and caring for everyone on our campuses is our top priority. It is the key to our students and staff having a comfortable education experience.
- Evaluate Your Current Health - To protect the well-being of all our students and staff, we ask that you make an evaluation of your health prior to coming to class. If you are sick or feeling unwell, please contact a Career Counselor at 239-344-7510 to discuss options for distance learning or for transferring your enrollment to a future class date.