The 20 Hour FL SAFE Comprehensive Classroom Course at Larson Educational Services is the required 20 hour course to obtain your Florida Mortgage Loan Originator License. It is designed to teach the information you need to pass the NMLS National Exam and also give you important information about how to be a good MLO.
Credit Hours: 20
Tuition and Materials: $359
Please bring your NMLS ID Number to class with you in order for us to give you credit for completing the course.
NMLS Provider ID: 1400171
NMLS Course ID: 6465
Dates and Locations
Weekend Classes: 3 days - Fri, Sat, Sun 8:30am - 4:30pm each day
Weekday Classes: 3 days - Tue, Wed, Thu 8:30am - 4:30pm each day
We accept registrations all the way up to the course start time. If the course date you want is sold out, please call us at 239-344-7510 to be placed on our waiting list.
If You Hold a Florida Real Estate License...
Complete the 20 Hour FL SAFE Comprehensive MLO Course at Larson Educational Services and receive 14 Hours of continuing education credit to apply toward your real estate license renewal. This course is approved for 11 Hours of Specialty Credit (FREC #0016378) and we include the 3 Hour Core Law Course free of charge.
This course does NOT include Real Estate Ethics.
Clean Education Experience
We work hard to deliver a safe, healthy and clean education experience. We're here to help you prepare for your class, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
- Sanitization - We use high-grade disinfectant in high-touch areas and we frequently wipe down high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Filtering Air - Hospital grade air filters are utilized throughout our HVAC systems.
- Single-Use Extras - Complimentary coffee and water stations are designed for single-use cups and condiments. Please do not dispense water or coffee into personal cups, mugs or bottles.
- Respect and Care - Showing respect and caring for everyone on our campuses is our top priority. It is the key to our students and staff having a comfortable education experience.
- Evaluate Your Current Health - To protect the well-being of all our students and staff, we ask that you make an evaluation of your health prior to coming to class. If you are sick or feeling unwell, please contact a Career Counselor at 239-344-7510 to discuss options for distance learning or for transferring your enrollment to a future class date.
About the Course
Mortgage Loan Originators or MLOs are an integral part of the real estate transaction. As a licensed MLO, you will be working with mortgage lenders to obtain financing for potential home buyers and you will be paid based on the financed dollar amount. It is a challenging, but financially rewarding career choice.
All MLOs are regulated by the state in which they will originate loans and must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System or NMLS. The curriculum development team at Larson Educational Services has developed this course to include the mandated hours and topics and to reflect the body of information required for an entry-level mortgage loan originator.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be armed with the knowledge to legally, safely and efficiently serve the needs of today's borrowers and lenders in real estate financing transactions. The course workbook combines detailed text, student notes, and sample questions. The course is updated as necessary to reflect ongoing changes within the mortgage industry. This course includes ALL exam preparation materials necessary to be prepared to pass the NMLS National Exam.
- Florida Specific Rules and Laws
- General Mortgage Knowledge and Standards for Non-Traditional Mortgage Products
- Federal Mortgage-Related Laws
- Mortgage Loan Origination Practices
- Mortgage Loan Originator Processes
- Ethics in the Mortgage Industry