The 20 Hour FL SAFE Comprehensive Classroom Course at Larson Educational Services is the required 20 hour course to obtain your Florida Mortgage Loan Originator License. It is designed to teach the information you need to pass the state exam and also give you important information about how to be a good MLO.
PLEASE NOTE: From 8:30am-12:00pm on the first day of class, we cover the Florida Specific Laws and Rules as required by the Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) effective January 1, 2017.
Credit Hours: 20
Tuition and Materials: $349
Please bring your NMLS ID Number to class with you in order for us to give you credit for completing the course.
NMLS Provider ID: 1400171
NMLS Course ID: 6465
Dates and Locations
Weekend Classes: 3 days - Fri, Sat, Sun 8:30am - 4:30pm each day
Weekday Classes: 3 days - Tue, Wed, Thu 8:30am - 4:30pm each day
We accept registrations all the way up to the course start time. If the course date you want is sold out, please call us at 239-344-7510 to be placed on our waiting list.
Reducing the Risk of Attending Class
We've raised the standard at every point in your education journey by putting measures in place to keep you safe and give you more peace of mind. Even though education may look a little different now, we're here to help you prepare for your class, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.
We've got you covered at every step!
- Making Space - Classroom capacity is being limited to less than 50% with greater distances between you and your classmates. Additionally, we will only have one class taking place at a time on our campuses even though we have two classrooms in each facility. That way we will not have two different groups of students on campus at the same time. This reduces how many classes we can offer, but it will make for a safer experience for students and staff. SIGN UP EARLY for class dates as we are already reaching our limited capacities for many courses.
- Sanitization - We're using high-grade disinfectant in high-touch areas and are frequently wiping down high-touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Filtering Air - Hospital grade air filters are utilized throughout our HVAC systems.
- Single-Use Extras - Complimentary coffee and water stations are designed for single-use cups and condiments. Please do not dispense water or coffee into personal cups, mugs or bottles.
How You Can Help Create A Safer Experience
- Wear A Mask - All employees, instructors and students are required to wear masks or face coverings when moving throughout our facilities. The mask or face covering can be removed when seated in the classroom.
- Keep A Safe Distance - Respect the space of your fellow classmates and do your best to keep a safe distance when moving about the classroom and facilities.
- Evaluate Your Current Health - To protect the well-being of all our students and staff, we ask that you make an evaluation of your health prior to coming to class. If in the 10 days prior to your class start date, you have been exposed directly to someone with COVID-19 or you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or you are unable to wear a mask or face covering, please contact a Career Counselor at 239-344-7510 to discuss options for distance learning or for transferring your enrollment.
About the Course
Mortgage Loan Originators or MLOs are an integral part of the real estate transaction. As a licensed MLO, you will be working with mortgage lenders to obtain financing for potential home buyers and you will be paid based on the financed dollar amount. It is a challenging, but financially rewarding career choice.
All MLOs are regulated by the state in which they will originate loans and must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System or NMLS. The curriculum development team at Larson Educational Services has developed this course to include the mandated hours and topics and to reflect the body of information required for an entry-level mortgage loan originator.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be armed with the knowledge to legally, safely and efficiently serve the needs of today's borrowers and lenders in real estate financing transactions. The course workbook combines detailed text, student notes, and sample questions. The course is updated as necessary to reflect ongoing changes within the mortgage industry. This course includes ALL exam preparation materials necessary to be prepared to pass the NMLS National Exam.
- Florida Specific Rules and Laws
- General Mortgage Knowledge and Standards for Non-Traditional Mortgage Products
- Federal Mortgage-Related Laws
- Mortgage Loan Origination Practices
- Mortgage Loan Originator Processes
- Ethics in the Mortgage Industry
If You Hold a Florida Real Estate License...
This course is approved for 11 hours of Florida Real Estate Continuing Education credit. .
Complete the 20 Hour FL SAFE Comprehensive MLO Course at Larson Educational Services and receive 14 Hours of continuing education credit to apply toward your real estate license renewal. This course is approved for 11 Hours of Specialty Credit (FREC #0016378) and we include the 3 Hour Core Law Course free of charge.
This course does NOT include Real Estate Ethics.