- How much does it cost to renew my Florida real estate license?
- How do I report my continuing education hours?
- My initial real estate license is about to expire. In order to renew, what is my education requirement?
- Can I renew my license before I take my education?
- My license is inactive. Am I required to complete continuing education?
- What happens if I do not complete the required continuing education prior to the expiration date?
- Can I request an extension of my license renewal requirements?
- What happens if my license status is involuntarily inactive for more than 12 months?
- Can I receive continuing education credit for attending a FREC Meeting?
- Can I repeat a course and still get continuing education credit for it?
- Can I carry over continuing education credits between renewals?
- Can I send my assistant to take my continuing education classes?
- Can I get partial credit for a class if I only attend part of it?
- I’m an attorney and I want to obtain a Florida real estate sales associate license. What education do I need to complete?
How much does it cost to renew my Florida real estate license?
How do I report my continuing education hours?
Larson Educational Services is required to notify the DBPR within 30 days of course completion. You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of each course and we report completion to DBPR electronically on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of every week. If you completed an online or correspondence course with us, we will notify you by email with a Certificate of Completion and record of your hours being reported to DBPR.
Prior to your license expiration date, you will need to click on the Renew Your License button and follow the directions to renew your license.
My initial real estate license is about to expire. In order to renew, what is my education requirement?
All Florida real estate licensees, including those who applied under a Mutual Recognition Agreement and attorneys, must complete post-licensure courses prior to the expiration of the initial license.
- If you are a sales associate you must complete 45 hours of post-licensing education.
- If you are a broker you must complete 60 hours of post-licensing education.
The education MUST be completed before your license expiration date. If it isn't completed, your license will go NULL & VOID.
Can I renew my license before I take my education?
No. Attempting to renew a license without completing the education requirements is a violation of license law. The school can only certify that the licensee has completed the post-licensing or continuing education requirement. Being registered for classes or having the intent to take them before the renewal deadline is not sufficient.
Click below to see more detailed information about upcoming Florida Real Estate Continuing Education classroom courses in Fort Myers, Naples and Sarasota, or by eBook and Online.